LISTEN TO THE PLUGGED IN SHOW, EPISODE 161
Christmas is a time of traditions. We decorate the tree. We eat our tamales (or, in our family’s case, lasagna) on Christmas Eve. We read the original Christmas story. And … we watch movies.
We don’t flip on any ol’ Christmas movie, mind you. It’s got to be a classic! An all-time fave! But just what makes a Christmas movie an annual must-see?
We launch this conversational sleigh by talking about Spirited, Apple TV+’s new, problematic holiday flick that, I admit, pulled a few heartstrings for me. I know, right? A silly Will Ferrell/Ryan Reynolds musical? A possible classic? For me, though, it just might be.
And then the team tosses around a few other potential holiday gems.
So why don’t you come in, sit by the fire and help us ponder the entertainment we stream for Christmas. We promise that it won’t put an eye out. Then, chime in with your own thoughts on Facebook, Instagram or by email ([email protected]). And check out the links below for more ho-ho-holiday fare.
- Plugged In Review: Spirited
- Plugged In Blog: “Don’t Say ‘Bah Humbug’ to a Christmas Carol: The Timeless Message of Ebenezer Scrooge”
- Plugged In Blog: “Five Christmas Movies and TV Specials Actually About Christ”
- Plugged In Blog: “The 10 Best Family Christmas Movies Ever”
- Plugged In Review: A Christmas Carol
- Plugged In Review: Scrooge: A Christmas Carol
- Plugged In Review: The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Plugged In Review: The Man Who Invented Christmas
- Plugged In Review: Deadpool
- Focus on the Family Episode: “Walking Through Depression”
- Plugged In Review: It’s a Wonderful Life
- Plugged In Review: Dr. Suess’ The Grinch
- Plugged In Review: Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Plugged In Review: “The Grinch in a Cinch”
- Plugged In Review: Live Free or Die Hard
- Plugged In Blog: “Merry Christmas”
- Plugged In Review: Miracle of 34th Street
- Plugged In Review: Elf