LISTEN TO THE PLUGGED IN SHOW, EPISODE 162
The stockings have been emptied. The wrapping paper is in the trash. While we might have a few Christmas cookies left, they’re getting rather dry. And even though most of your kids probably got something shiny and new and fun under the tree this year, a few of those same kids might be, unimaginably, bored.
I know, I know. Crazy, right? But it’s true. So what is a parent to do?
We offer some thoughts on that very thing during this episode of The Plugged In Show. We’ll talk about good board games to break out and fun pastimes to engage in. We might even mention a screen-based element or two that–instead of separating your family (as screens are wont to do)–might bring it together.
Then we’ll discuss Wednesday—the Netflix show, not the day of the week. While this Addams Family spinoff has its creepy, kooky moments, it also has problems that might leave you lurching for the remote. What sorts of problems, you ask? Well, we’ll let you know in a snap.
Naturally, listening to our show is a great way to spend a little time between Christmas and New Year’s. And once you’re done listening to us talk, why don’t you chime in with your own say? Tell us what your own family is doing over Christmas break. Let us know in the comments below, or on Facebook, Instagram or via email ([email protected]). And take a look at the links below to learn more about everything we talked about on the show.
- Plugged In Blog: “Tired of Movies? Here’s Five Family-Friendly Board Games You Might Not Have Heard About”
- Plugged In Blog: “Want More Fun and Games in Your Life? Here’s Five (More) Family-Friendly Board Games to Consider”
- Plugged In Blog: “Three Board Games to Get Your Kiddos Learning”
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 121: “We Don’t Talk About Uno: Board Games and Other Things”
- Plugged In Blog: “The 10 Best Family Christmas Movies Ever”
- Plugged In Review: Blockbuster
- Plugged In Review: Minecraft
- Plugged In Review: Wednesday
- Plugged In Review: The Addams Family
- Plugged In Review: The Addams Family 2
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 152: “Monster Movies for Kids? And a Conversation with David A.R. White”
- Plugged In Review: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- Plugged In Review: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- Plugged In Review: Forrest Gump
-I have one suggestion. Since you’ve reviewed the Netflix series “Wednesday” and the last two Addams Family movies, you should also review the two Addams Family movies made in the 1990s by Paramount Pictures, and the original TV series from the 1960s. In fact, you should review many, many more classic movies and TV series, since a lot of them can be streamed for free on services like PlutoTV, Roku, and Tubi.
Comments are closed.