Kids have plenty of choices as to what to be when they grow up. They might want to become doctors or lawyers or basketball stars or influencers or …
Influencers. You know, the folks who move the cultural needle, especially through their presence on social media. They might tell you what to buy or what to see or how to act or how to vote. And kids don’t even need to grow up to be influencers. A few of the world’s biggest still need help tying their shoes.
The Plugged In team talks with former YouTube star Andrew Armstrong about his own experience as an influencer. He’ll help put the whole concept into perspective for us and tell us what he liked about it—and what he didn’t.
Then, Adam Holz and Kennedy Unthank sit down to talk dinosaurs—especially those we see skittering across the screen in the new film, Jurassic World: Dominion. And no, we’re not talking about Jeff Goldblum (though he’s in it, too).
And naturally, we tie a bow on our conversation with Pop Culture Connection.
Have we influenced you to listen yet? We certainly hope so. We’d also like to encourage you to interact with us directly through Facebook, Instagram or by sending us an email at [email protected]. And if you’re interested in reading more about everything we talked about on the show, take a look at the links below.
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Parenting Generation Screen: Guiding Your Kids to Be Wise in a Digital World by Jonathan McKee
- Plugged In Blog: “Like and Subscribe: YouTube’s Growing Influence on Children”
- Plugged In Review: Jurassic World: Dominion
- Plugged In Review: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- Plugged In Review: Jurassic World
- Plugged In Review: Jurassic Park
- Plugged In Review: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- Plugged In Review: Jurassic Park III
- Plugged In Blog: “What Parents Need to Know About Instagram Reels”
- Plugged In Blog: “The Plugged In Show, Episode 78: Instagram for Kids? Experts Say, ‘No Way!’”
- Focus on the Family: Setting Media Standards
- Focus on the Family: Making Wise Entertainment Choices
- Plugged In: Tech Guide
- Focus on the Family: How to Develop Media Intelligence in Your Home