If you’ve listened to The Plugged In Show for a while, you likely have heard our participants say something like, “Some families will choose to navigate this film’s content concerns, while others will simply choose to avoid it altogether.”
But how do we know when to choose one path or the other? What factors should influence our decision? In this episode of The Plugged In Show, we’ll unpack these important questions and give you some concrete guidance on when you might consider navigating and when to avoid a given piece of entertainment.
In our second segment, Paul Asay introduces us to Marvel’s newest superhero, Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel. What do families need to know about the latest super-powered heroine making her debut on Disney+?
So take a listen, and then tells us what you think about this week’s discussion. How do you and your family decide what to watch, what to talk through, and what to avoid? And are you planning on watching Disney and Marvel’s latest offering? You can share your thoughts and experiences on Plugged In’s Facebook and Instagram, or shoot us an email at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you.
And be sure to check out the links below that we reference in the show!
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Parenting Generation Screen: Guiding Your Kids to Be Wise in a Digital World by Jonathan McKee
- Plugged In Review: Ms. Marvel
- Plugged In Review: The A-Team
- Plugged In Review: Magnum P.I.
- Plugged In Review: The Incredible Hulk
- Plugged In Review: The Avengers
- Plugged In Review: Iron Man
- Plugged In Review: Captain America: The First Avenger
- Plugged In Review: Pokémon Unite
- Plugged In Review: Pokémon Journeys: The Series
- Focus on the Family: Setting Media Standards
- Focus on the Family: Making Wise Entertainment Choices
- Plugged In: Tech Guide
- Focus on the Family: How to Develop Media Intelligence in Your Home