Another year has come and gone. And that can only mean one thing: It’s time to turn around and take one last look at the entertainment and technology stories that impacted our culture and our families over the previous 12 months.
It’s always fun to talk about what we thought the biggest headlines were from the last year. And we found plenty of conversation fodder in 2021. What in the world is Meta anyway? Why is Friends having a reunion on HBO almost two decades after TV finale? Will screen time ever not be an issue? And why do we care so much what British royals (or former royals?) do?
Those stories and more take center stage in our Plugged In Show conversation this week.
But what about you? What were the biggest entertainment, tech and cultural stories last year from your point of view? You can let us know on Facebook and Instagram. (Or send us an email at [email protected], too.)
And be sure to check out the links related to this week’s episode below.
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Burning Bush 2.0 by Paul Asay
- Plugged In Blog: Social Animals Showcases the Inspiring, Terrifying World of Instagram
- Plugged In Blog: What’s Wrong With Instagram Filters?
- Plugged In Blog: Instagramming Your Vacation
- Plugged In Blog: What Parents Need to Know About Instagram Reels
- Plugged In Show: Episode 99: Fall TV & What Instagram Knows About It’s Influence
- Plugged In Show: Episode 78: Instagram for Kids? Experts Say, ‘No Way‘
- Plugged In Review: Being the Ricardos
- Plugged In Blog: There for Us: Why Friends Is Still Culturally Relevant
- Plugged In Review: Parks and Recreation
- Plugged In Review: The Office
- Plugged In Blog: The Metaverse! Say What?
- Plugged In Show: Episode 93: A look at Shang-Chi and Exploring the Metaverse
- Plugged In Blog: Heavy Meta: What You Should Know About Facebook’s Big Change
- Plugged In Blog: Why Babbling Over Bennifer is Bad
- Plugged In Blog: Checking in on the 2021 box-office: The Biggest Movies are Family Movies
- Plugged In Review: Dune
- Focus on the Family: Setting Media Standards
- Focus on the Family: Making Wise Entertainment Choices
- Plugged In: Tech Guide
- Focus on the Family: How to Develop Media Intelligence in Your Home