Don’t look now, but the multiverse is coming.
For fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, we’ve seen it percolate in Loki and teased in the trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home. And the MCU’s weird, new reality will require new heroes. Heroes like Shang-Chi.
The character (who’s been around since 1973 but little known outside the comics) makes his big-screen debut tomorrow in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. It’s an entertaining romp—one of Marvel’s better efforts over the last few years. But it’s also got a few potential problems for parents to wade through, too. Listen to our conversation, and see if this is something you’d like to ring in.
And while we’re talking about various ‘verses, let’s talk another—the metaverse. It’s something that, according to our own Bob Hoose, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg is seriously excited about. Why? Well, you’ll just have to listen, why don’t you?
And after that, click through everything that we talked about right here.
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Burning Bush 2.0 by Paul Asay
- Interaction question: What’s your favorite conversation starter Marvel movie, and why? Let us know on Facebook or Instagram
- Plugged In Review: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- Plugged In Blog: “Top 5 Movies About Families in Marvel’s Cinematic Universe”
- Plugged In Review: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Plugged In Review: The A-Team
- Plugged In Review: Black Widow
- Plugged In Blog: “The Metaverse. Say What?”
- Plugged In Collection: Game Genre: Virtual Reality