If ever there was a moving target for parents, it’s social media. Just when it seems like we start to get one platform’s quirks figured out, be it Instagram or Snapchat or TikTok, something new pops up—like BeReal. Sometimes, it can feel overwhelming trying to figure out how to help our kids navigate this area of their lives.
So on this week’s episode of The Plugged In Show, we’re going to talk about where things are at with social media as we roll into 2023. You might call it the “state of social media” conversation. Hopefully, it’ll equip you with some ideas and encouragement to help you guide your family’s habits and decisions in this important arena.
And in our second segment, Paul Asay tells us about a movie that’s generating Oscar buzz, but one that also deals with the difficult subjects of spiritual and sexual abuse in the church. It’s called Women Talking.
So give this week’s show a listen, then tell us what you think. What questions or concerns do you have about social media as we roll into a new year? And if you could talk about Women Talking, what would you say? You can share your thoughts on Plugged In’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, or shoot us an email at [email protected].
You can also contact Focus on the Family by phone at 800-A-FAMILY (800-262-3459) if there any family-oriented questions or issues you’d like to talk about. We’d love to hear from you. And be sure to check out the links below related to our conversation this week!
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Parenting Generation Screen by Jonathan McKee
- Plugged In Blog: BeReal: What Parents Need to Know
- Plugged In Blog: What Parents Need to Know About Instagram Reels
- Plugged In Movie Review: Women Talking
- Plugged In Movie Review: The Tomorrow War
- Plugged In Movie Review: Charlotte’s Web
- Plugged In Movie Review: Spider-Man
- Plugged In Movie Review: Iron Man
- Plugged In Movie Review: Inception
- Plugged In Movie Review: Hunger Games
- Plugged In Book Review: War and Peace
- Plugged In Book Review: Frankenstein