Does it seem like your teen is spending more time on his phone lately? That he can hardly pry his eyes from that pocket-size screen? Well, I’ve got two things to say about that. One, you’re probably not imagining it; and two, you’ve got plenty of worried-parent company.
Every , Common Sense Media rolls out a study on just how teens are interacting with the world of technology and entertainment. And every year, it seems that screen time just keeps going up. What’s different this year? That screen time went way up—thanks in large part to a little pandemic that shall not be named.
But the study had plenty of other interesting wrinkles to it, as well. And we dive into them all during this episode of the Plugged In Show. And once we’re through telling you just how much time your kids are spending on social media (and how little they’re spending reading), we’ll tackle another bit of entertainment: The very buzzy Elden Ring.
And take a look at links to everything we talked about below.
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Parenting Generation Screen: Guiding Your Kids to Be Wise in a Digital World by Jonathan McKee
- Plugged In Review: Elden Ring
- Plugged In Blog: “TikTok, Teens and Tourrettes Syndrome”
- Plugged In Blog: “What is TikTok Brain and Why Should You Care?”
- Plugged In Blog: “Culture Clips: TikTok Trouble”
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 51: “Youtube: Where the Kids Are”