I don’t burst into song much at home. I rarely start dancing to make a point during Plugged In meetings. We all know that movie musicals don’t mirror real life, which might be why they fell out of favor for a few decades.
But musicals are back, and with a vengeance. Why, La La Land
won almost won a Best Picture Oscar a few years ago, and this year we’ve already seen plenty on both the big and small screen, from Come From Away to A Week Away to Dear Evan Hansen.
We focus especially on Evan Hansen this go-round, discussing the music we hear and the deeper issues in play in these stories.
And then for something completely different, we shift gears and talk about Instagram filters. The social media platform has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately. But as Emily Clark tells us, even some of the platform’s more innocuous-looking doo-dads are not quite as innocent, or as healthy, as they seem.
So listen in while we use our vocal chords on The Plugged In Show. We can’t promise that everything you’ll hear will be music to your ears, but we’ll do our best to hit all the right notes. (And check out all the links below.)
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Burning Bush 2.0 by Paul Asay
- Plugged In Review: The Greatest Showman
- Plugged In Review: Beauty and the Beast
- Plugged In Review: A Star is Born
- Plugged In Review: Moulin Rouge
- Plugged In Review: Mamma Mia
- Plugged In Review: Dear Evan Hansen
- Plugged In Review: 13 Reasons Why (TV review)
- Plugged In Review: Thirteen Reasons Why (book review)
- Plugged In Information: A Parents’ Guide to 13 Reasons Why 2
- Plugged In Review: Hamilton
- Plugged In Review: Prom
- Plugged In Review: The Lion King
- Plugged In Review: Glee
- Plugged In Blog: “What’s Wrong With Instagram Filters”
- Emily’s CC Pick: “Simone Biles Realizes ‘I’m Worth More Than Gold’ During Tokyo Olympics in Tearful Video Diaries”
- Jonathan’s CC Pick: “Everyone Wants to be an Influencer”
- Kristin’s CC Pick: “Amid Backlash, Apple Will Change Photo-Scanning Plan But Won’t Drop It Completely”
- Adam’s CC Pick: “Lori Loughlin Marks Return to Acting With ‘When Hope Calls: A Country Christmas”