When the first God’s Not Dead movie hit theaters in 2014, it was a revelation. Focusing on a battle of wits between a Christian college student and his atheist professor, the film was made for a modest $2 million—and earned more than four times that amount in its first weekend in theaters. After banking a massive $64.7 million, the first GND film proved that a Christian film could be a box-office force.
Secular critics, though, were less enthused. It holds a 12% “freshness” rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
With God’s Not Dead: We the People coming to theaters (via Fandango) Oct. 4, we thought it was a good time to talk about the new movie, the franchise, and the Christian movie industry as a whole. Our own Adam Holz also had a chance to talk with one of GND4’s stars, musical artist Francesca Battistelli, about her role in the film.
So before you head to the theaters, listen to our team. And tell us what you thought about the previous God’s Not Dead movies on Facebook, Instagram or via email ([email protected]). Or you could even let us know in the comments section in this very blog. And as always, check out these links below.
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: 7 Traits of Effective Parenting by Dr. Daniel Huerta
- Plugged In Review: God’s Not Dead
- Plugged In Review: God’s Not Dead 2
- Plugged In Review: God’s Not Dead: Light in the Darkness
- Plugged In Review: The Chosen
- Plugged In Blog: “An Interview with Dallas Jenkins, Creator of The Chosen”
- Focus on the Family Article: “An Inside Look at The Chosen”
- Focus on the Family Episode: “Engaging the Culture in Love and Truth (Part 1 of 2)”
- Plugged In Review: Francesca Battistelli, Hundred More Years
- Paul’s CC Pick: “Gabby Petito story boosted by social media, true-crime craze”
- Kristin’s CC Pick: “Coaches, teachers in Putnam County can’t lead students in prayer, school attorney says”
- Adam’s CC Pick: “Students Across the U.S. Face Criminal Charges After Participating in ‘Devious Lick’ TikTok Trend”
- Focus on the Family: Setting Media Standards
- Focus on the Family: Making Wise Entertainment Choices
- Plugged In: Tech Guide
- Focus on the Family: How to Develop Media Intelligence in Your Home