Ever feel alone? Well, have no fear. According to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, you’re not. In fact, there’s another you out there, somewhere. Probably several. In another universe, perhaps you’re reading this very blog. Or perhaps you’re writing it. Or perhaps you, like Doctor Strange, have no time to read blogs because you’re out trying to save the multiverse.
That’s what Doctor Strange is up to, of course, in his latest movie (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness). He’s as familiar with it as anyone, given his track record. But should you see the movie in this universe? Well, we’ll be talking about that very thing on this episode of The Plugged In Show.
And once we’re through unpacking the pic’s particulars, we’ll dive into a broader conversation about the multiverse itself. After all, it’s not just Marvel that’s dabbling in these crazy, multi-universal stories. They’re the narrative flavor of the day that we’re finding in everything from critics-darling indie movies to animated TV shows. Believe it or not, these sorts of stories come with some theological implications, too.
And then, of course, we’ll engage in another round of Pop Culture Connection.
So join us, will you? Let’s engage in this literally Strange conversation. And as always, chime in with your own thoughts on Facebook and Instagram. Or ship us an email at [email protected]. We promise we won’t be mad.
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Parenting Generation Screen: Guiding Your Kids to Be Wise in a Digital World by Jonathan McKee
- Plugged In Review: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- Plugged In Review: Doctor Strange
- Plugged In Review: Everything Everywhere All At Once
- Plugged In Review: WandaVision
- Plugged In Show: “Episode 125: Morbius, Moon Knight and Murky Superhero Spirituality. Plus: Just What Are Dumbledore’s Secrets?” Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- Plugged In Review: Spider-Man: No Way Home