For decades, Disney has arguably enjoyed a reputation as the premier entertainment provider for family-friendly content. But in the wake of cultural controversies about LGBT issues, Disney representatives have indicated that the company will be embracing a more activist and inclusive stance going forward.
Many families have been concerned since that news broke. Some are ready to cut the Disney+ cord. In this episode of The Plugged In Show, we’ll talk about alternative entertainment providers who are delivering family- and faith-friendly content.
And in our second segment, our resident video game expert, Bob Hoose, will talk to us about what families need to know about the new video game LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.
As always, we’d love to hear what you think about these topics after you’ve listened to this week’s show.
So take a listen, and then tell us what you think about this week’s conversations. What do you think about Disney’s cultural stance, as well as the influence it still exerts in our culture? Have you and your family made changes to your streaming providers? You can share your thoughts and experiences on Plugged In’s Facebook and Instagram, or shoot us an email at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you.
And be sure to check out the links below!
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Parenting Generation Screen: Guiding Your Kids to Be Wise in a Digital Worldby Jonathan McKee
- Plugged In Blog: When the Stream Runs Dry: Some Family-Friendly Alternatives to Major Streaming Services
- Plugged In Review: Disney + Streaming Service: What You Need to Know
- Plugged In Blog: What to Do About Disney
- Plugged In Review: The Incredibles
- Plugged In Review: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Plugged In Review: Mama Mia
- Plugged In Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone:
- Focus on the Family: Setting Media Standards
- Focus on the Family: Making Wise Entertainment Choices
- Plugged In: Tech Guide
- Focus on the Family: How to Develop Media Intelligence in Your Home