LISTEN TO THE PLUGGED IN SHOW, EPISODE 90
Back in the early days of talking vegetables, Bob the Tomato used to introduce pretty much every VeggieTales episode with, “Have we got a show for you!”
And boy, is that true of the latest episode of The Plugged In Show. We’ve stuffed so much in here that I’m getting dizzy just writing about it.
First up, we talk about Netflix’s charming animated film Vivo, the brainchild of Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda and featuring perhaps the world’s most talented kinkajou.
Next up, we take a deep dive into our own Jonathan McKee’s latest book, Parenting Generation Screen: Guiding Your Kids to Be Wise in a Digital World. Jonathan gives us some excellent advice on how to do just that. (And even better news: We’ll give you Jonathan’s book for a gift of any amount. Just check the link down in the show notes for more details.)
And finally, we turn on an egg timer and rattle off what you need to know about in the culture, taking a quick dive into the issues that impact parents, Christians and entertainment consumers.
We hope you have fun listening. We sure did talking. Take a look at everything we talked about below.
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Parenting Generation Screen by Jonathan McKee
- Interaction question: What culture-related stories would you like Plugged In to cover? Let us know on Facebook or Instagram.
- Plugged In Review: Vivo
- Focus on the Family Episode: “Cultivating Wise Tech Habits in Your Teen”
- Focus on the Family Episode: “Helping Your Teens Put Down Their Screens”
- Focus on the Family Episode: “Guiding Your Child’s Media Choices (part 1 of 2)”
- Focus on the Family Episode: “Balancing Bonding and Boundaries as a Parent”
- Focus on the Family Episode: “Connecting With Your Tech-Absorbed Kid”
- Focus on the Family Episode: “Combating Bullies in Your Child’s Life (part 1 of 2)”
- Focus on the Family Article: “Four Conversations Parents Should Have With Their Kids About Digital Devices”
- Focus on the Family Article: “How to Help Your Kids Dodge Digital Distractions”
- Focus on the Family Article: “When Boundaries Hinder Bonding”
- Plugged In Show Episode 50: “When Good Content Goes Bad”
- Plugged in Review: A Cinderella Story
- Plugged In Show Episode 11: “What Makes TikTok Tick”
- Plugged In Blog: “Culture Clips: TikTok Trouble”
- Plugged In Show Episode 77: “Billie Eilish: The Worldview of Self-Expression”