It’s Thanksgiving! And as always, we all have a lot to be thankful for. And while we at Plugged In aren’t always thankful for the entertainment we’re given, this year Disney gave us a bit of a gift; Encanto.
Now, the film’s not perfect, as Adam Holz, Bob Hoose and I remind you in our conversation. But It does unfurl a lot of really strong messages about family, duty and even grace. So feel free to drop in and listen to our conversation about what I think just might be the year’s best animated film.
And then, stick around as Bob and Adam discuss Marvel’s new Guardians of the Galaxy video game. Should you be grateful for this new button-masher? Listen in and see! Of course, you can always feel a little gratitude for our exhilarating and provocative Culture Countdown.
And once you’re done eating your turkey and napping off the tryptophan, we’d like you to join our conversation. Our questions for the week: Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving movie that you traditionally watch as a family? Do you even go to the movies (or watch them at home)? We’d love to hear about your family entertainment traditions for Thanksgiving, so let us know on Facebook or Instagram. (And you can always write to us at [email protected] or call at 800-A-FAMILY, too.)
And check out everything we talked about by clicking on the links below.
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Burning Bush 2.0 by Paul Asay
- Plugged In Review: Elf
- Plugged In Review: Home Sweet Home Alone
- Plugged In Review: Encanto
- Plugged In Review: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (game)
- Plugged In Review: Guardians of the Galaxy (movie)
- Plugged In Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Plugged In Review: Squid Game
- Plugged In Review: Pokemon Go
- Bob’s CC Pick: “Squid Game crypto token collapses in apparent scam”
- Paul’s CC Pick: “Lauren Ridloff as First Deaf Superhero in ‘Eternals’ Spikes Sign Language Searches”
- Adam’s CC Pick: “Pokemon Go Crosses $5 Billion Lifetime Revenue in Five Years: Sensor Tower”