What’s it like to review movies for Plugged In?
That’s a great question, and one that I’ve been asked quite a few times over the last decade and a half. And I certainly understand why: Reviewing movies seems like a super-cool job. And in many ways, it is. I mean, who wouldn’t want to do that, right? Then again, you might be surprised at what goes into a Plugged In movie review behind the scenes.
That’s just one common question I hear at conferences and speaking events. Here are some others that the Plugged In team is frequently asked:
How do you deal with all the content you have to see?
How do you take so many notes in the movies you review?
Why do you even bother review R-rated movies?
We thought it would be fun to have a conversation about these questions and more, taking a peek “behind the curtain,” to speak.
So take a listen to our latest episode of The Plugged In Show, where we divulge all the deep, dark (OK, not really) Plugged In secrets you’ve always been curious about.
And be sure to check out these related links to our conversation:
- Gift of Any Amount Offer: Seven Traits of Effective Parenting by Daniel Huerta
- Plugged In Blog: “How My Life as a TV and Movie Critic has Changed as a Result of the Coronavirus”
- Plugged In Blog: “Why Is Plugged In Reviewing a Movie From 79 Years Ago”
- Plugged In Blog: “Of F-Words and the Art of Movie Reviewing”
- Plugged In Blog: “Reviewing Reality”